Saturday, November 17, 2007

Ohhhh Winter Is Coming.........



Wentworth Miller of Prison Break Fame

It's getting into 'brass monkey' season again here and soon it will be time to get out the fur coat and snow shoes!

I'm sure that I suffer from SAD (Seasonally Affected Disorder) since I feel a real sense of doom when winter sets in. Having said that, I also think that this kind of new disorder is a highly convenient way for some of us to take a few days off work in the misguided belief that it's wholly legitimate. It's fairly obvious that most people are going to feel slightly less enthusiastic about entering out into the elements in the morning when it's cold and miserable than when the glorious sun is shining down. I didn't need an expert in mental health or the recognition of a new 'condition' to tell me that one.

I'm going to be adding to my seasonal misery next month when I mince back to the heat of South East Asia for a short trip only to have to return to Arctic conditions (slight exaggeration) in order to honor work commitments. I think I'm going to have to make a permanent move to a place where the sun always shines (as opposed to putting myself where the son don't shine!).

I'm still having problems with writers block both from a blogging and work perspective. I seem to be more interested in watching 'Prison Break'. You see, I made the fatal error of downloading episode 1, season 1, convincing myself that I'd just watch one or two episodes while I was at a 'loose end' one night. I should really have known my addictive personality a lot better than that. I'm now almost completely through the first season (after only a few days) and dreaming about Wentworth Miller.

Oh give me strength ...............................

No comments: