Sunday, February 12, 2006

QEK Awards Night


"Yes I can hear you Leone - Ah shit I told you to listen to me - you're just too gay -
you need to be straight with a slight kink - that way you'll get the str8 vote".

Yes I'm afraid QEK lost out on it's bloggy award (see links) despite the advice of
my mate Ange.

So here's what the judges said:

Queer Eye Korea (Huit Point)

Leone, a European living in Korea, shares his views as an expatriate- an observer
of Korean culture and as a fan of good-looking men photographed without their
pants. That's right, he's gay- well and truly out of the closet.

QEK: Bright then?

Visual Aesthetics - 9
The minimalist design works well for this blog. There is a huge black and white

image header of an eye, which is immediately engaging and the picture entries
with every post are well chosen and properly laid out. Also a very unique use of
font, type and spacing. All around, it is stylish and cleverly done.

User Friendliness - 7
As they say, a picture speaks louder than a thousand words- and this certainly holds

true for this blog's overall appeal. The photos, however, do take a while to load, and
users will need to scroll down to be able to start reading every time a new image loads.

Reading Enjoyment - 8
The site is not particularly text-heavy, but the best part (particularly for a gay or female

reader with a fired up libido) would be the gorgeous guys' pictures and hilariously
suggestive photos.

User Info - 8
Apart from the pictures religiously posted by this author, users can find a decent

amount of text and links on topics such as current South Korean political issues and
tourist attractions in Korea , as well as information about the gay community.

Overall Experience - 8
The startling imagery and witty comments make this blog worth visiting. However,

if feasting your eyes on images of half-naked men is not your thing, then you should
probably give this one a miss.

QEK Speech:

Firstly I would like to thank the judging panel of the Bloggy Academy whose time
and 45 second visit to this site made all this possible. I would, of course , also like to
thank all respective members of the academy. In addition let me apologise to the Korean
Tourist Board for any ommissions I have made in tourist information (I've never made
an inclusion to my knowledge) and wish them all a wonderful Lunar New Year.

I must also thank my long suffering husband - Todd - for his continued support and
Canadian 'ways' ....................thanks bitches xxxxxxxxx

Kam Sam Nida

For the full glitz of the event CLICK HERE

No comments: