
The weekend was as eventful as ever with restaurants and bars taking centre
stage in the production. I decided to take it easy yesterday so went for a late
lunch with a friend and then on to a supermarket for some grocery retail therapy.
As I was making my way to the fruit section (story of my life actually!), I was
instantly sidetracked by the vast array of wines on display in an adjacent aisle.
Needless to say, I just couldn't resist the urge and ended up perusing for about 20
minutes before buying a rather surprisingly pleasant Californian Chardonnay and a
delicious Chilean Carmenere (red). As you might have gleaned from this, I also
couldn't resist the urge to firstly guzzle the whole bottle of Chardonnay within an hour
or so of arriving home and secondly to almost manage the same with the Carmenere.
You see, I have come to the conclusion over the years that I have an addictive
personality. Put simply this means that I don't do things by halves! In the case of alcohol,
I usually go all week without a drink and then once I start at the weekend there is no
stopping me. This kind of over the top behaviour also manifests itself in just about
everything else I do. Sometimes this can be a positive trait but, as you might imagine,
it can have it's downsides. So, if I drink I usually do so to excess, if I smoke I usually
chain smoke, if I were to gamble (which despite it's appeal I daren't) I'd probably
gamble right down to the family silver, relationships are usually done to the extreme
(emotionally and physically) etc etc.......
But when all is said and done .................. I'm having a bloody good time!!!!
Now, is there anything wrong in that?

No comments:
Post a Comment