

On December 22nd QEK reported the hugely popular and extremely offensive
Japanese craze called 'Hard Gay' (click here for original post). I was
just perusing the Japan Times online when I read that they are to run
a piece in tomorrow's issue questioning just how much good fun it really is!
The Japan Times Article Click Here
There is a quote in the article from Hokkaido Sexual Minority Group who
surprisingly seem to find little wrong with it as Hard Gay exhibits none of the
usual gay stereotypes as seen in the media. Well, there may be something lost
in translation here but if a leather clad, Village People look alike is not a stereotype
then ...................................
Is it just me or does anyone else feel that this is offensive and could
potentially result in discrimination, prejudice and hate being directed
at the gay community particularily in Japan?
I'm considering starting an online petition on this and so would appreciate
any feedback.

No comments:
Post a Comment