






A comment by a Korean blogger (and a very witty chap he is too) recently noted albeit with humour that "soccer is not a real sport played by real men." I realise that this was said in jest but it really underlines the heterosexual males stereotype of a gay male and that male to male contact let alone sex is somehow emasculating. I doubt if the pooper would recognise me as a screamer because I'm just as masculine as he is (although with a nick like pooper - possibly more so). The world has moved on from having a 'master status' as a gay male and more along the lines of I'm a guy who just happens to sleep with men.....I don't ask you what you do with your Mrs so whats the problem?
Now here is the problem - the normalisation of the homo! It's very convenient to conceptualize a 'homo' as 'one of them' but rather more difficult to think of him as one of your mates and just like you. He likes soccer, gets shit faced drunk with you, fights, talks just like you but in his bedroom he sleeps with MEN of which you are one. Even worse - he probably doesn't even fancy you - contrary to popular belief.
Recently the BBC has hired a main DJ called Scott Mills and I read today that he is 'one of us' - they asked him why he didn't come out publicly before - his answer was that he's never actually been in - just because he's not running around in a tu tu don't mean he's not a friend of dorothy.
And back to my point (ish) : just because you kiss men don't mean u is gay and just because you have sex with them don't mean u is a lady!
Love.............xxxx (darling missing you already).

No comments:
Post a Comment