Monday, January 02, 2006

Wolfes Creek & New Year's Day


Today was a great start to the NY. I've had 2 dates (lunch & dinner)
(one of which I actually cooked myself - the food and not the
date that is). I've also just watched a movie 'Wolfes Creek' -
quite disturbing in a texas chain saw massacre kind of way
although more sophistcated.

It put me in mind of a British case of Peter Falconio regarding
a murdered backpacker in Australia (which is what it's all about).
So after watching the movie I did a google about the British case
and coincidentally found that Wolfes Creek the movie is loosely
based on it (very loosely actually).

According to the figures at the start of the movie, over 35,000
travellers are reported missing in Aus every year. Of these, 90%
are found in the first month and the rest - well who knows?

If you're thinking of backpacking - not the movie for you!!

The male character 'Ben' was very cute though and he survived!!!

More info on the Peter Falconio Case Click HERE

The case is now solved and the attacker behind bars.

No comments: