Thursday, February 01, 2007

Year Of The Pig

February is here and we are fast approaching the Korean (or Chinese) New Year
of the Pig which starts on February 18th. If you're interested in what that
means and what characteristics constitute a pig, in the astrological sense,
there is lots of info' on Google!

What does it mean to me living in Asia? Well this year it means just one day
off on the 19th because the 'Pig' has happened to land on a weekend and in
Korea there is no consideration for the fact that weekend days are holidays
anyway when calculating a holiday period. In other words, no days in lieu.

For example, Korean New Year is officially a 3 day holiday and so if it had
landed on a Monday I would then have Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday as
holiday but it doesn't and I don't. But I suppose one day is better than no days.

No comments: