Saturday, November 19, 2005

We're Talking Italian Korean Style


I found a great little Italian today (restaurant that is) tucked away in
my very own neighbourhood. I must have walked past it tons of times
but it took a student to tell me about it's existence. I did lunch with a
couple of Korean professors one of whom was good enough to pick up
the bill.

I opted for a Spaghetti Fruit de la Mer (seafood to me and you) in a cream
sauce washed down with a nice glass of red vino. The food was quite
tasty and the atmosphere relaxed with very european decor. However, it
did seem to have a certain identity crisis. The music being played was French
and the menu was written in French / English with a Korean translation. It
became clear why when I discovered that the chef was trained in both French
and Italian cuisine. He obviously payed more attention to the French menu
classes than the Italian.

All things considered, it was a good lunch (and free!). The day in general has
been pretty mellow and I've decided to stay in tonight with a Pizza and bottle
of 2003 Sauvignon. What more could one ask for apart from the above?

No comments: