
I haven't written about my favuorite Korean singer in such a long time so
here goes. Aptly named 'Bi' (meaning Rain in Korean and actually
pronounced 'bee') is currently on his Asian tour where he is the main
ambassador for 'hallyu' or Korean wave. This is the phenomona where
Korean culture invades other countries through it's export of popular music
TV dramas and culture.
He could invade my place any time but interestingly (for a country that hardly
even recognises the existence of homosexuality) he is invited to do just that by
a married comedian on the video clip aired on Korean TV. Korea is a strange
place in that respect, while talking about homosexuality or god forbid being
homosexual is seen as taboo, innuendo is rife throughout Korean entertainment.
Korean fashion for men is also about the campest I've seen on the planet.
Nice tour name - Rain's Coming!!! (I know that's cheap but what the hell).
Video Clip Here:
What's that all about??
'Bio'
BI (Rain) Real name: Jung Ji Hoon
Nickname: Woody
Born: June 25, 1982
Height/Weight: 184 cm (6') / 74 kg (163 lbs)
School: Kyunghee University (post-modern music major).

No comments:
Post a Comment