Sunday, May 20, 2007

Plans


My life never seems to go exactly according to my best laid plans. Take this weekend for example where I was supposed to be visiting a friend in another city when at around 4am Saturday I recieved an extremely inebriated telephone call from said friend. The next day I called him to discover that he had a hangover from hell so we decided to take a rain check on the evening's shenanigans.


I then text another friend to let him know that I'm going to take a job I've been offered in a far flung place and within 2 hours he's knocking on my door. You see he had assumed I was taking the original offer which was to start on June 1st and so thought I was about to do a 'moonlight flip' and expected me to be in the midst of packing! He was very tired from a long drive (I felt slightly guilty) and so stayed around an hour and then headed back home.


After all this exitement, the only thing left for me to do was take a leaf out of friend number one's book and buy some beer for intoxication purposes. Which is what I did and now I too am suffering from the fallout of my actions!

No comments: