
I'm somewhat bemused by the articles and blog entries I've been reading over the last few days about Ian H Watkins (formerly of tribute band 'Steps') and his
recent 'coming out' in the UK press. The reason for this is that people appear to
find it genuinley surprising! I mean he is hardly Lemmy of Motorhead now is he?
He was the cute front man of a band known to be gay icons of their day.
As for the few comments I came across criticising him staying in the closet,
I think that's a personal matter for every individual and he has every right to make
his own decision about that. I'm sure that it wasn't exactly a secret within the industry
and I remember many of my straight mates used to refer to him as "that bloody puff"
back in the day anyway. Now there's a point, perhaps str8 men have a more
highly tuned sense of 'gaydar' given this recent 'surprise'.
I actually fancied the dark haired one and I wouldn't be at all shocked if he is next
to come kicking and screaming out of the proverbial. I think the News of The
World is holding that one for the Sunday edition in which he comes out and admits to
having a torrid affair with 'H'. In actual fact, he goes on to confess that their break up
was the real reason why the band broke up.
They will then go on to beg their wonderful fans for forgiveness through a Sun phone
line/poll and the results will be published every day for the next month.
Max Clifford will jump in and the guys will resume a wonderful career singing absolute
crap for a few years supported by dico bunnies, fag hags and small children. Good luck
guys. It sounds like a winning formula! Ask Pete Waterman........................

No comments:
Post a Comment